Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Little Secret Revealed


Okay, I have been ready to burst keeping this secret under wraps until going to the doctor today, now it official...I'm pregnant!

Here's the story...a couple of weeks ago I got up at the crack of dawn to go to the doctor to have my stomach scoped. I was diagnosed a while back with a couple of stomach ulcers and I needed to have the doctor look to see if they had healed or not. I had to wait what seemed like forever. After a while the nurse called me back and told me she needed a urine sample, etc. I was just getting settled in when the nurse came in to tell me that they could not perform the procedure because the routine pregnancy test came back POSITIVE! I went and had the blood work done and I am indeed "with child."

I went to the doctor today and saw the baby's heartbeat! I'm in love, already! I am only about 6 weeks pregnant and given my age I am not out of the woods yet. I have to get through the next 6 weeks without any problems and I also have to make sure the baby is healthy.

Even after hearing all the wonderful news from the doctor I was still somewhat hesitant to make this announcement. Then it dawned on me...non of this is really up to me. I mean I can do my best to eat right, take care of myself, etc., but at some point I know that it is up to God whether or not I am meant to have another wonderful healthy child. So, I figured I would choose to have faith that this is meant to be and I should celebrate the news by sharing it.

So now you know. I hope I don't jinx anything by sharing the news so early! I'm just so happy, I couldn't help myself!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the baby! How super exciting for you.

Sassy said...

That is AWESOME news!!! Much much better than an ulcer :)
Congrats to you all....