Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin Dead at 71


I was shocked today when I heard that George Carlin, the much-honored American stand-up comedian whose long career was distinguished by pointed social commentary that placed him on the cultural cutting edge, died Sunday in Santa Monica, Calif.




The above clip is from one of his most memorable shows (beware, it's rated R at best). I think I watched every HBO special he ever made. I really liked his sense of humor and truth in his comedy. Even when he made points about religion that I didn't agree with, he had a way of making me see things from his point of view. Not to mention that his voice was used as the narrator for many Thomas videos. I am glad that we have recordings to remember him with. He bought me great joy and I will personally miss him greatly.

Photobucket

0 comments: