Monday, June 16, 2008

The Escalator "Ride"

Since having my son almost 2 years ago I have been reminded what it's like to be a kid. Ryan is constantly showing me how much fun it can be to do the most mundane things.

Take today for example, Scott and I took Ryan to the mall. We thought Ryan might like to ride on the carousel. He usually loves it. Today, Ryan literally started crying and hanging on to me for dear life as soon as I put him on it. Due to the trauma we thought might be inflicted on our poor son, we did not make him go on the ride. Instead, we decided to take the escalator down to the kids play area. Ryan loved it! He giggled the whole way down. After we got off he ran to play. When he was finished playing he went to the escalator to go on another "ride". Once again, Ryan laughed with delight.

Ryan has a way of making the world look simple and fun! I just love the way he reminds me what it's like to be a little kid!

Photobucket

0 comments: