Friday, June 27, 2008

Frugal Friday

I just started a new hobby, shopping for clothes to see how much money I can save. It's actually kind of fun. For instance, I have started shopping at area resale shops for summer clothes (these shops are mostly in DFW area but some of them have stores nation wide). I found some Great Buys at Plato's Closet, even though it claims to specialize in clothes for teens and twenty somethings" I found some great deals on t-shirts and tops there. The carry GAP, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and more. I got 4 tops for under $20. I did have try on a lot of clothes, but in the end it was well worth it. Then I went next door to Once Upon a Child. I picked up 3 shirts for Ryan for less than $12. These shirts were all name brands like Oshkosh, Polo, and GAP. Next I went to Feminine Fashion Consignment in Fort Worth and picked up a Harold's top (that was originally $68) for under $15. This is one store that always has lots of nice designer items for cheap prices. If you check out the link they even have special sales each month where you can get everything for 30% - 50% off. I went to there sister store in Arlington, ReRun Resale Boutique , and picked up two pairs of JCrew Shorts for $10 each! These are the same shorts I tried on at the JCrew Outlet (that cost $42) but decided to wait until they went on sale before I bought them. These two stores also have lots of great designer shoes. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing a pair of Cole Hahn sandals for $18 when I had the chance! What can I say, it was a rookie mistake. By the experience I learned that if you really like something you better get it before someone else snaps it up.


Here are a few more deals I recently discovered:

This just arrived in my inbox: Take 15% off your order of $75 or more at The Children's Place with code MSAT78. Good through July 5 only. The Monster Sale (i.e. summer clearance) sale, with deals starting at $7.99. $5 flat-rate shipping.

If it wasn't on sale last week it is now! OldNavy.com has cut prices again on many of their summer items. Save up to 50% and more. Lots of baby girls and boys' stuff for under $6. Plenty of tops under $5. Maternity tops and tanks start at $5.99. $7 flat-rate shipping.


Plus according to the Real Simple blog: This Saturday only (June 28th), Old Navy's nation wide will be selling their fabulously comfortable and colorful flip flops for $1 each! You can grab a pair in every color and remain guilt and debt free. Now that's priceless!

Auntie Anne's Pretzel has a new offer for a B1G1 coupon for an Auntie Anne's pretzel here. (Some people are saying that this coupon gives you a completely free Auntie Anne's pretzel.

Sign up to receive the Home Made Simple coupon booklet with over $31 in money-saving coupons. (Last time this booklet was available, there was a coupon for a completely free product!).

Sign up for The Home Depot Garden Club and receive valuable coupons, savings, and gardening advice.

Get a $5/$25 Party City coupon (expires 06/29/08).

I just love getting clothes that look good for dirt cheap! I hope you find some great deals out there as well. Please feel free to share any great places, deals, etc. that you have found with us. While it is tempting to keep these things a secret, most people just love finding great deals on things. Why not share?

Photobucket

0 comments: