Friday, March 21, 2008

Why I Love my Husband


Today I went to the doctor to have a procedure done to reduce the pain in my back. I had an MRI which showed that I have little cartilage between a couple of vertebrae in my lower back. This causes me a lot of pain in my back and hips. The doctor first gave me three shots to help block pain, then he put a needle in my back that sent radio waves (for 60 seconds) directly to the nerves near the vertebrae causing the pain (3 different nerves). The radio waves will basically kill the nerves for a while until they grow back. All I know is that it felt like I was being stabbed for 60 seconds with a hot sharp knife.

After the procedure I got a couple of perscriptions (for pain) filled. When I got home Scott was playing with Ryan. Scott told me that he would watch Ryan for the day so I could take my pain meds and relax. He is so nice to me!

I know this act of kindness wasn't a big deal to Scott but it was a very big deal to me. It gave me a chance to relax (like the doctor ordered) and helped me to get the pain under control. If he hadn't done this I am sure I would have overdone it which would cause me to be in even more pain. This is just another reason why I love my husband!

0 comments: