Sunday, March 9, 2008

We're All Falling Apart Over Here

As you know Ryan has been sick the past several weeks. First with pink eye, then an ear infection, then the flu! Well, on Friday Ryan woke up wheezing and I knew something was wrong. I took him to the doctor again. Our regular pediatrician was out so I had to take him to Cooks Children's Clinic. After several chest and sinus x-rays Ryan was diagnosed with sinusitis, bronchitis and an ear infection! They immediately put him on breathing treatments for his bronchitis, antibiotics and a steroid for his ear and sinus infections. My poor little man. I feel so bad! I should have known something was wrong. I just thought he might still have the flu so I didn't think much of it until he started wheezing!

If that wasn't bad enough, I woke up Saturday with a major ear ache, sore throat and cough. Scott teaches on Saturday mornings so I had to call in the troops (aka A & D). They were nice enough to come over to watch Ryan (who was zinging around like a toddler on speed thanks to the steroid). I went to a doc-in-the-box and two hours later found out that I have sinusitis and an ear infection! They gave me a steroid shot and sent me home with a script for an antibiotic. We're just all falling apart over here!

Last night I didn't fall asleep until almost 2 am (thanks to the steroid shot). I had to take not one but two sleeping pills to finally fall asleep. Ryan was up at 6:30 am! Scott fed him and then needed help with the breathing treatment. Have you ever tried to hold a toddler still with something over his face for 5 minutes? It should be a test on Survivor! Then I had to give him his speed....I mean medicine. I just wanted to go back to bed. Scott was sweet enough (after some coaxing) to take care of Ryan so I could get some rest.

I just woke up and Scott took Ryan to meet Poppy and Mimzy (A & D) for lunch. When he gets back he has to go fix a tenants sink in Dallas so I will be on my own for a couple of hours with Ryan. Hopefully the medicine's speed like effect will wear off by then. All I know is Ryan goes to bed around 7 pm and his Mommy will be in bed by no later than 7:15 pm!

0 comments: