Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday

With everything that has been going on in the world lately...devastating earthquakes and cyclones, horrible floods and the various other natural disasters, I am thankful that it didn't rain too much where I live. I am thankful that I have a warm bed to sleep in at night with a man who loves me (and I love him very much too ;). I am thankful for my son. That he is a normal healthy and happy 20 month old that knows both of his parents are here and love him very much no matter what. I am thankful for my siblings and extended family. That they are all doing well and are (for the most part) all healthy and happy. I guess in all fairness I should mention my cats (as I feel like they are a part of my family). I am thankful that they are both still around (after 15 years) to teach me that the really good things in life aren't things and that love really is unconditional.

I want to thank God for all the blessings he continually gives me. A great challenge can often bring life changing rewards. When things happen to me (or you), whether good or bad, I believe we should embrace them. Keep in mind that if we try to do the best we can then God will help us through anything and everything. I believe whole heartily that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Just when we feel like we could fall apart. Just when we are about to lose it. Something happens that reminds us that He is looking after us and for this I am most thankful.

0 comments: