Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Friends of Josie Nunez

One of my friends, Julie, whom I have known almost my whole life is going through something I still find hard to believe. Her daughter, Josie, who is a darling 8 year old was diagnosed with brain and spinal tumors. Josie has already had the brain tumor removed and is currently undergoing radiation treatment before the second tumor can be removed from her spine.

Julie and her family recently moved from DFW to Midland. Midland is a close knit community. The local local news station even did a story on Josie, you can view it by clicking the link below: http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=5602

In order for Josie to receive the care she needed she was care flighted to Cooks Children's Hospital in Fort Wroth along with Julie. There she had been treated since March and just recently was able to go home for a few weeks until she has to go back. Her family has had to travel back and forth to Midland several times, which is a good 300 mile drive. If that wasn't enough, the family has no medical insurance. Besides the emotional hardship the entire family must endure, they also have to worry about the medical bills that have started piling up.

In an attempt to help, a trust has been set up to help with Josie's mounting medical bills. It has been established at Bank of America. It is the Josie Nunez Medical Fund. Anyone wishing to help can either make a deposit directly into the trust (account number 488014593497). Or can send a check made out to the trust to Chris Suffredini at 6204 Walling Lane, Plano, Texas 75093. She is administering the trust for the family. Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

In addition, Tommy Lee Jones and John Walsh, of America’s Most Wanted have graciously offered their support by playing a Charity Polo Tournament scheduled for June 1, 2008 at 3 pm (Gates open at 1pm). The event will be held at Midland Polo Club, 5401 Polo Club Road, Midland TX. Tailgate Admission is $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for children. For Sponsor and information please contact llwwilson@yahoo.com.

When I first heard the news about Josie I thought "if this could happen to Josie it could happen to anyone (including my own child). Josie and her family are literally in the fight of their lives. I am blessed to have a healthy child. I would like to think that if God forbid this was to ever happen to me I would be blessed with people who care enough to help me and my family in my time of need. I encourage you to please give in any way you can.

Photobucket

0 comments: