Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Baby Shower

This past Sunday my Aunt hosted a Baby Shower for Scott and I. It was so much fun. Dan, Anthea, Scott and I all piled in the car and drove to my Aunt and Uncle's home in Garland. It was nice to see my friends.
Poor Scott didn't know what to expect! But as you can see from the picture, Dan and Anthea broke Scott in by having him open the first present for the Dad.

Everyone was so generous and supportive. It was refreshing to talk to my friends and family and get some well needed advice from all of the Moms. We are so fortunate to have good friends and family to share in our happiness. We are both very thankful to everyone.

I have to admit that Scott and I are both feeling a little overwhelmed. There is so much to do and learn. Today we unpacked all the gifts and started organize the nursery. It was fun but I think it made us both realize that we still have so much more to prepare for the baby. Hopefully the parenting classes that Scott and I are taking this weekend will help to ease our anxiety. We will keep you posted.

0 comments: